Lost @ school

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I am Telemachus

Having recently been asked his thoughts on children and violence, the Lost One was able to only (Feebly) provide that, "Somewhere there was an article from Boundless.org that addressed this issue." Well today, the Lost One found the article which has so informed the underpinning of so much of his thoughts as to the nature of Manliness, and the differences between men and women, and boys and men.

While Mr. Newell doesn't get everything right, and some of his claims lack evidence, the Lost One very distinctly recalls reading this in high school, all angsty and existentially lonely both from the age and his parents' rather nasty and (at that point) recent divorce, and with a grateful heart and a tear in his eye saying, "Some one finally gets it, someone understands. I am Telemachus."

1 Comments:

  • I've missed our discourse between you and I.

    I see you've posted on something that sounds like something I'd post about >.<

    I love that line from Fight Club...I want a man present in the raising of my boys - and they WILL eat dirt and run around in the yard getting ant bites and soaking their feet in cold pools of water to relieve the itching.

    I intend to treat many scratches, cuts, scrapes, and any other "battle scar" that boys may incur by being boys. And I expect my husband to be right along side them on some days, contributing to the horse play that results in such proof of fun :)

    By Blogger Christina, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home