Lost @ school

Friday, May 02, 2008

Its been fun...

The Lost One having just turned in his last take home final is now, officially, no longer a professional student.

Huh.

Feels weird.

Anyways, there are a few people who deserve a shout out for getting The Lost One through the last three years:
First, my good friend J.G. who was the best friend a guy could ask for. Good luck to you and your lovely wife in Med School.

The entire Lost Family, Ulysses: Thanks for the help moving my stuff out here, and then back again. Thanks for the Christmas flights so I wouldn't go batty, thanks for the support and encouragement. Thanks Da.

Penelope: Thanks for the cars, the place to stay over last summer and this, ditto on the flights, and the support. I couldn't have done it with out you Mom.

The Roaming One: Thanks for always being interested in what I was doing, thanks for reminding me that studying the law was a privilege and a thrill. Every time I thought I couldn't go on, Every time I got a bad grade and wondered if the effort was worth the end, I'd call you and you'd just be so enthused, I'd just perk up. Thanks Bro, I owe you. And I know you will be great at law school in the fall.

The Wandering One: Thanks for always being in a good mood. it's annoying, that your little Brother can always smile, even when he's in the stuff, so why can't you suck it up, Sally? You were always the inspiration for a happier day, and I needed that. Thanks Bro, and good luck on the Senior year and beyond. I know you can do it.

and of course, the Lost Kitty: Books chewed = innumerable, Papers scattered = uncountable, stress relieved = immeasurable.

To all The Lost One's friends around the world, including the other J.G. in Japan (Thanks for the e-mails, couldn't have done it with out you), J.C. in Cali. (Ha! You sound like a boy band member! [Thanks to you too, rough up a suspect, for The Lost One.]) and all my friends at EBC (See you guys soon!), The Sylvan Creature, and his parents, for the summer digs first year, and all the many, many other friends, family, bench mates, and professors, without whom I couldn't have done it. Thank you kindly, all of you. I appreciate it.

But in the end, all good things must end so in the immortal words of Mel Blanc:



Update: For those wondering what gift to get the Lost One, might he suggest this is the law school gift that keeps on giving?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home